Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Shivering With Antici...

...pation!

Hey guys. Figured I'd make my grand return with a little humour. And yes, I know, I'm not particularly funny.

So, yes, I'm back! Clearly.

I don't really want to talk about what happened in the week or so I was gone. Not yet. I just don't want to go back to that place, mentally, physically or emotionally.

I know he can't read this right now, but I have to give a huge thanks to Robert for rescuing me. Christ, I didn't even think humans could survive using the Other Side as a shortcut. Even Revenants don't use it very much, the energy there is really intense. You already had my respect, but now you have my gratitude and admiration.

I'm still in the hotel. Ava's gone to meet Redlight. I wanted to go with her but she wouldn't hear of it and I couldn't really fight her on that one. Not anymore.

I'm not a Revenant anymore.

It was the last thing Redlight did before he brought me to Coumshingaun. He sent me to the Other Side and Slender Man was waiting for me. He broke me all over again. It was the most excruciatingly painful experience of my life. And then he took whatever he put inside me out.

I'm human again.

Sorry if I seem off, it's just a lot to get my head around. I'm having a bit of an identity crisis, to be honest. I don't know if I'm still Reach or if I'm Raymond again. There's a lot of stuff to get used to. When I first woke up, I started screaming because there was this horrible noise in my head. Do you know what it was?

Silence. It was the first time I'd heard silence in forty years. The first time in four decades that I couldn't hear Slender Man's voice inside my head.

The hypersensitivity is gone, along with the strength and speed. I spent so long training myself to rein in my strength and not destroy everything that now I feel like I'm trying to push a car with my finger every time I try to type a letter. It's...strange, to say the least.

And before anyone asks, yes, I've read what Ava said. And no, I'm not going to talk about it here and now. That's a conversation for when Ava gets back from her meeting with Redlight.

I'm just waiting now. Had some chicken tikka masala brought up to the room. I'm on a spicy-food binge again but this time it's to return to normal levels of sensitivity again. The room service guy gave me a funny look when he saw all the wounds. That's another thing that's gonna need getting used to. One of many things.

I don't want to talk about Catherine right now either. Later. Now, I'm gonna get some pasta carbonara and listen to the Best of the Ink Spots. uTorrent is a wonderful thing.

Reach out.

27 comments:

  1. I'd say welcome back, Big R, but it isn't my place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry I doubted you.


    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Raymond. You no longer have the ability to fight the Great One's Elite on even terms anymore, but at least you can eat delicious spicy food. Of course you likely understand that you are high on the Great One's hit-list, and by association those close to you, and seeing as how you do not have the power to protect them anymore, they are now in mortal danger. But damn isn't it grand to be HUMAN for what little time you have left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. Vivi and I are glad you're okay.

    You're...not a Revenant anymore? After forty years, that's going to take some getting used to.

    --Chester

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back. Wow, human huh? That must be fantastic and incredibly inconvenient for you. I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things soon enough.

    Although, I'm afraid that I don't understand. Why wouldn't you be Reach anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  6. As well as a welcome back, I'll give you my best wishes of a stable readjustment period.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're okay.

    I'm sorry, Reach. Raymond.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morningstar on behalf of Reach and the rest of the blog-sphere shove that noise up your ass sideways. Just because he is human again doesn't mean he can't defend the ones closest to him. Just because your dumb ass got proxied/hollowed doesn't mean the rest of us don't know what the hell we're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you're alright, but use uTorrent wisely, it's a powerful tool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raymond said it himself: He is going to have to get used to his lack of powers. Forty Years is a long time you know. He has gotten used to the strength, the speed... Now it is gone. He will be less capable than a normal person for some time. Also I am not Hollowed. I am not even on His Side. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...I'm glad you're okay.

    Growing accustomed to being human... I can't even imagine that.

    ...I feel bad. I voted to push you into the lake. Because of Robert, but still... I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the warm welcome guys, but after reading all your comments...call me Reach. Raymond Shaughnessy was a very different person to the person writing this message. I think I'm gonna let him lie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're just glad you have you back, Reach. Just...glad to have you back. The blogosphere had a collective hissy fit over Redlight's ultimatum.

    --Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know who I know, and I know you're still Reach.

    Are you...mad at me or something? Because we've barely talked. If you're giong to do this to me, could you at least be quicker?

    And Cynthia's biting me again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't really know you before all this happened, but it's really good to see you're back.

    Wow...I'm trying to wrap my head around the "being human again" thing. I don't think I could ever understand. It sounds odd. And hard. I'm sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not mad. I just needed more time to think. We'll talk when you get back here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay. Well. I'm back now.

    I guess I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back Reach.

    Human again, that's going to take some getting used to.

    Be careful.

    Good Luck...and not just because you're a human again, I realized almost too late that you were our ally, and I was a jerk for distrusting you as long as I did, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, also change the background back that red is disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was getting tired of seeing that awful man's posts.

    Glad to see you're okay. Everyone's been worried about you, I suppose I can say I found myself become worried as well.

    I can't fathom how this new development feels. But I'm glad you're free of his influence. I'm rooting for you. :]

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...you sir...

    ...are one lucky son of a bitch.

    its good to see that you arent dead.

    very very good.

    -Matthew
    The Id's Ego/The Mouse/The Philosopher/The Crazy Fuck

    Stay Sane, Stay Alive

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome back to the land of the living, Reach. We were really, really worried about you, and we're glad to see you're okay. Also, congrats on becoming human again! Enjoy that pasta carbonara, you've earned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Red reminds me of blood which reminds me of red and that makes redlight. So no good. I agree with Serenity. But good to know you're ok. Stay alive this time, Reach, I don't think anyone could take it a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAHAHAHAHAHA


    you think its so easy, the power of love?

    You're a good man, Reach, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, first off: SAY IT. (sorry had to)

    Second off, it's really good to have you back, Reach. :) Eat as much spicy food as you want. You deserve it.

    ~Alora

    ReplyDelete